Still deciding whether to attend the PLL Summit on Saturday, July 13?
The Summit, now in its fourth year, explores how to take charge, shaping ourselves as well as the services we provide to meet new world demands. Here are some very excellent reasons to sign up now.
1. Come to the opening event at the Palace Ballroom held Friday evening, July 12 and generously hosted by Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA. Greet colleagues you haven’t seen for a year while enjoying the award-winning cuisine of Tom Douglas Restaurants. RSVPs are required by July 5th and can be made online atwww.bna.com/pllsummit.
2. After a good night’s sleep, join us at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel & Towers (Headquarters hotel) to register and enjoy a continental breakfast courtesy of LexisNexis.
3. Next, settle in for the keynote, graciously sponsored by Thomson Reuters. Bruce MacEwen, aka Adam Smith Esq., is the author of the “Growth is Dead” series, recently published as a book entitled “Growth Is Dead: Now What?: Law firms on the brink.” MacEwen has charted changes in the legal industry from an expectation of uninterrupted growth to its current battle for market share.
4. The morning concludes with a panel discussion addressing librarian roles: how do we “lean up,” identifying, adopting and promoting the roles that add value to our organizations.
5. Lunch, sponsored by Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, comes with a chance to network as well as a side helping of the humorous David Lat, Managing Editor of Above the Law.
6. In the afternoon, investigate the practical aspects of social media, the art of branding and the user experience at interactive break-out sessions. The sessions will be repeated twice so that each participant can benefit from two out of the three programs.
See you in Seattle!
Joan Axelroth and Jean O’Grady
PLL Summit Co-chairs