The Private Law Libraries Summit, now in its fifth year, continues as a vehicle for examining the impact and opportunities presented by change. Last year, we explored how to take charge, shaping ourselves as well as the services we provide to meet the changing needs of today’s law practice environment. This year we will consider “The Voice of the Client” by delving into ways librarians can help their firms deliver legal services more efficiently and add value through client-facing initiatives.
In the morning, a keynote presentation and a panel discussion will address the value that librarians can bring to the lawyers and clients they serve by examining how real-world practice innovations and changing models of legal service delivery are combining to create new opportunities for library professionals.
Following a relaxed networking luncheon, interactive afternoon break-out sessions will examine client facing initiatives, research competencies, and the concepts of leadership, intelligence, and inclusion. The breakout sessions will be presented twice so that Summit participants can benefit from two of the three afternoon sessions.
Now on to the top 10 reasons for attending….
10. Escape the office for several days and spend time in popular San Antonio, Texas
9. Attend the destined-to-be amazing Bloomberg BNA Welcome Reception on Friday evening
8. Funds an issue? No worries – grants are available to attend the Summit! Stay tuned to the Summit blog for more information
7. Networking, networking, networking!
6. Opportunity to attend two out of three interactive and sure to be practical afternoon programs
5. Learn more about the importance of research competencies
4. Explore practical means of adding value to and what your role can be in the firms client facing initiatives
3. Delve into the concepts leadership, intelligence, and inclusion as they relate to our interactions with our client base
2. Hear from an amazing lineup of well-known and influential keynote, panel, and session speakers
And the number 1 reason….
You will leave energized and armed with key takeaways on how to help your firms deliver legal services more efficiently and add value through client-facing initiatives in fresh and innovative ways!
Please visit the 2014 PLL Summit Blog to get more information, or apply for a grant to attend the Summit. Click here to register for the conference. Please note that the Summit is a pre-conference event of AALL, thus you must check the appropriate box on the annual meeting form to register for it.
In order to provide access to a wide audience, we have secured a venue that can accommodate up to 300 attendees. We encourage members to register early so they can be a part of this awesome one-day conference.
If you have additional questions please contact the co-chairs, Marcia Burris email@example.com or Cheryl Niemeier firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always we thank the support of AALL leadership including Executive Director Kate Hagan and AALL President Steve Anderson.
Thank-you to our generous sponsors: Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA, Thomson Reuters, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, and LexisNexis, and Fastcase.