The PLLIP-SIS Summit was originally created in 2010 as a two-year project to explore ways to embrace change, demonstrate value, and learn about leading-edge trends. As a result of its continued success and ongoing popularity, the Summit endures as a leading force in empowering private law firm librarians to be change agents within their organizations. Summits are held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the American Association of Law Libraries.
Goals of the Summit
- Enable private law firm librarians to understand the trends, structure and pressures of the law firm environment so that they can be prepared to take leadership roles as the practice of law goes through a time of radical change.
- Develop best practices and practice models for new law firm requirements through research and consensus..
- Offer learning opportunities on how to use tools that will keep the library/research center at the forefront of law firm service.
- Cultivate new ideas and experimental solutions.
- Cast the debate for how law firm libraries should operate and meet new challenges in this new environment.
Transformation 2020: Instrumental Tools for the Future is scheduled for Saturday, July 11, 2020, in New Orleans, LA. The 2020 Summit will focus on transforming the tools available to law librarians in the private law library setting. Various kinds of tools will be addressed, including innovative job tools along with soft skills, such as communications styles.
How to register: With AALL Annual Meeting registration; the Summit is listed as a Pre-Conference workshop, priced at $199.