PLL-Summit IV: SOS: Shaping Our Success
Saturday, July 13, 2013, 8 am– 5 pm
Sheraton Seattle Hotel & Towers (Headquarters hotel)
1400 6th Ave, Seattle, WA
Friday July 12, 2013
PLL Summit Opening Reception 6:00 pm to 8:30 p.m. at The Palace Ballroom, 2100 5th Avenue, Seattle. Generously sponsored by Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA
Saturday July 13, 2013
Please click here for the Summit handout, which includes the agenda and speaker bios.
7:00-8:30 am Registration and continental breakfast
8:30-8:45 am Welcome: Jean O’Grady and Joan Axelroth, Summit Co-chairs. See here for Jean’s recommended reading list.
8:45-9:45 am Keynote Address: Bruce MacEwen, Adam Smith, Esq.
9:45-10:00 am Coffee break
10:00-11:45 am Lean Up! Finding and Seizing Opportunities for Growth: lead by a distinguished panel of speakers, including:
- William Scarbrough, Chief Human Resources Officer, Barnes & Thornburg
- Bob Oaks, Chief Library and Records Officer, Latham & Watkins
- Victoria Pynchon attorney, consultant and Forbes “She Negotiates” columnist. See here for Victoria’s recommended reading list.
11:45-1:15 pm Networking Luncheon: David Lat, Guest Speaker, Above the Law blogger
1:15- 2:45 pm 3 concurrent interactive breakout sessions: attendees will attend 2 of 3 sessions
- Changing Perceptions: Selling Your Role as a Strategic Partner, Sally R. Phillips, Consultant, Legal & HR Strategies
- Nailing Social Media: Steps to Growing Your Digital Presence, Jeffrey Brandt, Legal Technology and KM Consultant and Editor, PinHawk LLC
- Increasing Relevance and Engaging Patrons with User Experience Design, Aaron Schmidt, Principal, Influx Library User Experience
2:45-3:00 pm Afternoon break
3-4:30 pm Repeat of 3 concurrent interactive breakout sessions: attendees attend 2 of 3 sessions
4:30-5:00 pm Reporting and Wrap-up